Here’s what we’re watching ahead of Monday’s opening bell.
- U.S. stock futures edged up and bond yields crept lower as investors grew more comfortable with the inflation outlook and the pace of the economic recovery.
- Futures tied to the S&P 500 added 0.4%, pointing to a positive start to the week after the broad-market index fell moderately for two weeks in a row. Nasdaq-100 futures rose 0.6%, suggesting gains for technology stocks after the opening bell. Read our full market wrap here.
- Bitcoin regained some ground after touching multi-month lows Sunday and traded around $36,750, a 4% rise from Friday at 5 p.m. ET.
What’s Coming Up
- Earnings are due from
after the close.
- An online conference hosted by CoinDesk starts Monday. Federal Reserve governor
speaks on digital currencies at 9 a.m. ET
Market Movers to Watch
shares soared 25% premarket. The space-travel company said it completed the first human space flight from New Mexico on Saturday.
shares added 1.5% ahead of the bell. Over the weekend it reached an agreement with
to produce Moderna’s Covid-19 vaccine.
Cabot Oil & Gas
said they would combine in a merger of equals. Cabot’s shares gained 2.1% premarket.
shares gained 1.6% premarket. The movie-theater chain’s largest shareholder, China’s Dalian Wanda Group, has sold most of its shares, according to a securities filing on Friday.
shares rose 1.2% premarket. The chip maker on Friday proposed a 1-for-4 stock split, the biggest in its history.
shares jumped 4.5% premarket after the provider of rental accommodations and catering services reported quarterly earnings and raised its outlook for the year.
shares edged up 0.5% premarket. Epic Games’ courtroom battle against Apple is expected to end Monday with a debate-style format in which the judge will drill each side with questions about their cases.
shares rose 0.7% premarket.
on Friday lifted its rating of the cloud-software company’s stock from sell to neutral, though it also cut its price target.
- Investors that held on to footwear-and-apparel company VF Corp. shares for the past 10 years have seen total shareholder returns of almost 390%, more than seven times a basket of peers.
- The median existing-home price rose to $341,600 in April, the highest on record, the National Association of Realtors said Friday. The annual price appreciation of more than 19% was the strongest in data going back to 1999.
Chart of the Day
- Sales of collateralized loan obligations, securities backed by bundles of risky corporate loans, are hitting records, lifted by a recovering economy and demand from yield-starved investors.
Must Reads Since You Went to Bed
Copyright ©2020 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 87990cbe856818d5eddac44c7b1cdeb8